On my last post I shared a number of options on How to Re-Purpose a Blog Post.
A single Blog Post is now turning into multiple products through re-purposing. Let’s take a look at how specific Social Media vehicles come in to the mix:
- You’d want to Tweet about each of these projects as they come on-line
- Include each of them on your Facebook Page over a period of time
- Ping your Blog Posts to Social Bookmarking Sites
- Add a Discussion Topic question or respond on Message Boards or Niche Forums
- Feature portions in your Brand Newsletter
- Submit to other Social Media vehicles like Digg and Stumble Upon
- Post relevant Comments on compatible Blogs using project links
- Become a Poster to high traffic blogs like ProBlogger
- Join blogging networks like Networked Blogs
- … and of course you’d want to keep your mailing list advised of your different projects (you are creating an Opt-In Mailing List aren’t you?)
All of these options, and more, can come from a single Blog Post.
And since the key to blogging is to consistently and regularly blog, you can see how this could quickly get away from you. There are software products available which can help automate some of these tasks (free and paid). Check them out first, use them wisely and keep your eye on results!
Experiment to see where you are getting results … and the best Return on Investment ROI. Yes, an Investment of time counts too.
Let’s get social! http://facebook.com/TheMediaMix
May republish article with full By-Line.